Clearly Safer: DuPont™ SentryGlas® in Architectural Glass
Five times stronger and up to 100 times stiffer than conventional laminating materials, DuPont™ SentryGlas® interlayers help create glass that protects against bigger storms, harder impacts and heavier loads.
Super-clear DuPont™ SentryGlas® interlayers come in a range of standard thicknesses, ready for laminating into lighter, stronger safety glass
Since the interlayers are an engineered component within the glass, they serve as a more active structural element in the building envelope. This extra strength increases design freedom.
DuPont™ SentryGlas® offers long-term durability even when edges are exposed to weather. Open edges of glass made with SentryGlas® are less susceptible to moisture intrusion, and remain free from clouding even after years of service. Resulting laminates handle higher structural loads than PVB, making SentryGlas an excellent choice for balustrades and minimally framed or point-supported facades.
Wind and impact protection
Because SentryGlas® is stiffer and tougher than conventional interlayers, it can withstand higher winds and greater impacts from wind-borne debris. Building owners can opt for SentryGlas® over storm shutter systems, and boost protection for essential facilities.
Benefits at a glance
- Safety: In the event of breakage, glass fragments remain firmly bonded to the interlayer, reducing the chance for injury.
- Security: SentryGlas® can be used in glazing that withstands bullets, hurricane-force winds and even bomb blasts.
- Solar energy control: SentryGlas® can be used with coated low-E glass for improved energy efficiency. It can also help engineer more effective thermally insulated glass, and glass with better controlled *(or allowed) transmittance of V radiation.
- Durability: SentryGlas® is extremely durable and resistant to clouding, even after years of exposure.
- Design Versatility: SentryGlas® can be used in glass manufactured flat or curved, including annealed, toughened, heat-strengthened, spandrel, wired, patterned and color tinted glass.